I am writing this post exactly 2 months after Christmas Day. Many of us find ourselves with an excess amount of candy canes or peppermints after the holidays. Whether you’ve gotten them as gifts or had them in candy dishes at home or work, we always seem to have some left. So what to do with them? Well, here are a few ideas:
- Whip up a batch of brownies and frost them. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the frosting and gently press into frosting.
- If you have an ice cream maker, make your favorite vanilla or chocolate ice cream recipe and stir in chopped peppermints.
- Right now it’s still winter and time to warm up with some hot chocolate. Top your hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkle chopped peppermints.
- If you’re not wanting the calories of the whipped cream, stir the crushed candy directly into the hot chocolate for a peppermint flavor.
- Make a sundae. Layer chocolate or vanilla ice cream with brownies, chocolate sauce and crushed candy for an after dinner treat.
So get out those candies and serve up a treat!